One of the things we are most proud of is the cleanliness of our ships. Our Housekeeping team are the heroes keeping us healthy and looking after the ship and her interior.
Min. 3 Months
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Hospitality Team prepares cabins for new crew and guests, welcomes arriving crew and guests onboard the vessel, and gives guided ship tours. The Hospitality Team also sets up, provides refreshments, hosts, and packs down for all the special events happening onboard the ship.
What You Will Contribute
• Professionally prepare cabins for arriving crew and guests.
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure seamless operations and professional service.
• Uphold high standards of cleanliness and presentation.
• Welcome all crew arrivals.
• Facilitating tours of the ship.
• Support special events onboard including holidays, community activities, VIP visits, etc.
For This Role, You Will Need
• Supportive of Mercy Ships mission and vision and committed to its core values.
• Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability.
• Prior work experience within the hospitality industry is preferred.
• Certificate in food handling and safety standards through ServSafe is required before service.
• Able to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work well within a team dynamic.
• Able to lift 30 lbs./14 kg. regularly and have endurance for physical labor activities including bending, kneeling, and walking up and down stairs.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
• Comfortable with speaking to groups, giving clear and precise information.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a friendly and approachable demeanor.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle issues with tact and professionalism.
• Housecleaning skills required: basic skills for cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, making beds, cleaning carpets, and laundry.
• Baking skills required: basic food handling skills to mix, bake, and store baked goods properly.
Full job description available upon request.