One of the things we are most proud of is the cleanliness of our ships. Our Housekeepers are the heroes keeping us healthy by looking after the ship and her interior.
Min. 12 Months
Min. 12 Months
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Housekeeping Team Leader supervises and joins the housekeeping team to ensure excellence in organization, cleanliness, and hygiene of our Hospital and public ship areas. This volunteer also takes the lead on training all new Housekeeping Staff and organizes the team.
What You Will Contribute
• A working knowledge of all housekeeping around the ship
• Management of supplies for housekeeping duties and management of the equipment
• Organize the duty schedules of all Housekeeping volunteers and Day Crew
• Make regular rounds of the ship to ensure that all public areas are clean and in good order
• Assist the Chief Steward by supporting procedures and promoting excellence in all areas
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Physical ability and stamina to do manual labor and work on feet all day
• Ability to work in multicultural environment
• Practical experience working in housekeeping industry preferred
• Training in handling of hazardous medical waste preferred but will be provided
• Ability to lift 30 lbs./14 kg. regularly and have endurance for physical labor activities including bending, kneeling, and walking up and down stairs
Full job description available upon request.