One place every Crew member goes is the Dining Room, and we need friendly faces to make sure each Crew member is fed & watered during meal times and maintain a welcoming environment.
Min. 3 Months
About this Role
With over 1,500 meals served daily onboard, our Dining Room staff are always in motion. They work closely with the Galley Team in preparing and cleaning the dining area, helping to serve meals, and overseeing the entire dining experience onboard. The Dining Room Staff assist in ensuring meals are served in a timely manner and the Dining Room is orderly and clean.
What You Will Contribute
• Assist in preparation and cleanup of the dining room.
• Assist in meal service and cleanup & sanitization.
• Assist the Dining Room Team Leader and Food Services Manager.
• Attend departmental meetings on all workdays.
For This Role, You Will Need
• Supportive of Mercy Ships mission and vision and committed to its core values.
• Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability.
• Able to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work well within a team dynamic.
• Able to lift 30 lbs./14 kg. regularly and have endurance for physical labor activities including bending, kneeling, and walking up and down stairs.
• Prior work experience in a restaurant, catering, or cafeteria is preferred.
• Certificate in food handling and safety standards through ServSafe is required before service.
Full job description available upon request.