Programs involves all medical services and Medical Capacity Building training. Surgery, Nursing, Dental care, technology, training…A data-driven approach to providing safe, surgery & sustainable programs.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Programs Informatics Manager leads the use of the hospital information systems through the Mercy Ships’ mission, vision and values. This position is responsible for participating in the planning, development, training, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of the hospital information systems.
What You Will Contribute
• Design, implement, upgrade, maintain, and evaluate all aspects of field service database management and reporting related to achieving our organizational goals and improving patient care
• Develop processes in collaboration with Medical Capacity Building and staff that utilize hospital information systems to ensure data entry compliance, security and data integrity management
• Coordinates clinical workflow analysis, customizing our database to meet the needs of the users
• Evaluate requests for system improvements and determines feasibility and integration of system changes
• Collaborates with Data Privacy and Data Security teams to ensure patient confidentiality of electronic personal data and images
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Five years clinical supervisory and management experience
• Knowledge of the workflow of various hospital clinical staff and the impact in an integrated hospital information system
• Knowledge of clinical and business software applications used within the hospital setting
• Being process oriented, an attention to detail and a strong analytical problem solving abilities
• Ability to maintain a global perspective and see impacts and results beyond the traditional organizational walls (departments, services, geographic location)
• Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment with frequently changing team members from multiple nationalities
• Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of computer systems knowledge which may include educating, persuading and negotiating
Full job description available upon request.