We can’t do what we do without our vehicles, and we need a team of “there’s no job too big or too small” people to make the Mercy Ships mission possible.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Transport & Maintenance Manager carries primary responsibility for coordinating the use, maintenance, and general upkeep of ship’s vehicles, the maintenance and up-keep of shore facilities and equipment, and helping to set up & pack down each field service. As we work in challenging environments and live in a port, there is no shortage of thinking creatively to solve problems, and getting your hands dirty occasionally, too.
What You Will Contribute
• Supervise the Transport & Maintenance team, including a Vehicle Mechanic, Maintenance Technicians, and Day Crew
• Design and organize appropriate driver training, and orient all ship’s drivers to traffic laws and specific situations pertaining to each country that we enter
• Maintain overall responsibility for vehicle and equipment usage, including the safe operation and usage of the vehicles, equipment and shore facilities
• Prepare legal documents for all ships vehicles and make recommendations regarding disposition and acquisition of vehicles and equipment
• Manage and coordinate the prioritization of maintenance of shore facilities and equipment
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably in building maintenance and fleet management
• An understanding of vehicle, facilities, equipment maintenance, and civil engineering
• Conversant in French is beneficial
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and financial reports in clear English
Full job description available upon request.