Our maintenance periods are vital for keeping our ships in excellent condition. We need handy people to help us through our to-do lists, making sure we’re always improving and looking forward.
About this Role
Mercy Ships is inviting volunteers to join us on a remarkable project in Antwerp as Technical Project Assistants, as we complete the final installations onboard our new ship, the Global Mercy. The project will run from June-October 2021.
Project Assistants will be responsible to assist Project Manager with installations of structure, fittings, and equipment.
What You Will Contribute
• Install and/or modify ships equipment as directed
• Assist with structural, mechanical, piping, and electrical installations and/or modifications
• Prepare steel and wood for protective coatings and applying coatings
• Assist in general maintenance and cleaning as required
For This Role, You Will Need
• Aptitude for technical skills and practical knowledge of hand tools
• Physical endurance for manual labour, including frequent bending, kneeling, and light-weight lifting (+/- 20lbs/9kg)
• To be capable of standing or walking for 8 hours a day to include climbing stairs
• Skills with operating hand trucks preferred
• Ability to follow directions (including assembly/disassembly instructions), both written and verbal required.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
Full job description available upon request.