Our new hospital ship, the Global Mercy, is nearly ready! We need a team of willing volunteers to help with some of the final touches, and make sure we put everything in place before we’re ready to go!
Min. 4 Weeks
Min. 4 Weeks
About this Role
The Operations Project Assistants will be deployed to the Global Mercy during our Equipping phase in Antwerp, Belgium, to help with three main tasks: unload containers of equipment and supplies; distribute equipment and supplies to the right place on the ship; and assemble & install furniture & equipment onboard.
What You Will Contribute
• Unload containers and deliver items to assembly points onboard
• Assemble furniture and equipment for placement onboard
• Install furniture, equipment, and installations onboard
• Assist with pack-up or set-up of vessel and off-ship sites, if applicable.
For This Role, You Will Need
• Physical endurance for manual labour, including frequent bending, kneeling, and light-weight lifting (+/- 20lbs/9kg)
• To be capable of standing or walking for 8 hours a day to include climbing stairs
• Skills with operating hand trucks preferred
• Basic technical skills for utilizing tools is preferred – screwdrivers, spanners/wrenches, LM keys, etc.
• Ability to follow directions (including assembly/disassembly instructions), both written and verbal required.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
Full job description available upon request.