Nobody knows excitement like a container arriving full of supplies! Supply keep the ship stocked, and deliver supplies where they need to be…Sounds simple, right?
Min. 12 Months
About this Role
The General Supply Assistant stores, moves and delivers products and supplies around the ship, ensuring that documentation, labeling, and placement of items around the ship are accurate. Helping to unload containers and receive local supplies, the General Supply Assistant moves around the ship a lot in a physically demanding role.
What You Will Contribute
• Assist in maintaining a current inventory count and accurate usage reports of general supplies, taking regular physical stock inventories
• Ensure all stock is appropriately labelled and tracked using the inventory management system
• Report any pertinent information related to job challenges, issues, or improvements to the General Inventory Controller
• Keep equipment and stores areas clean and in good order
• Demonstrate and promote a proactive commitment to health & safety, well-being and the environment
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Previous experience with supply management beneficial
• Good problem solving abilities with strong organisational and planning skills
• Familiar with the use of a computer, databases, and email
• Ability to lift 10 kg regularly, up to 25 kg occasionally, and work for prolonged periods of time standing
Full job description available upon request.