General Inventory Controller
Nobody knows excitement like a container arriving full of supplies! Supply keep the ship stocked, and deliver supplies where they need to be…Sounds simple, right?
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The General Inventory Controller directly supervises stores areas and personnel in the general supply areas within the Supply Department. Supplies are sourced internationally, sent by container to the ship, and locally in our host countries, whether food, office supplies, mattresses, to name but a few!
Responsibilities include organization of general stores areas; recording of all inventory transactions; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
What You Will Contribute
• Maintain inventory of general supplies to provide accurate data in the Arise Inventory System
• Supervise, coordinate, and train all general Supply department personnel
• Manage key performance indicators and reports
• Strictly adhere to all supply chain standardized product lists, policies and procedures
• Coordinate demand planning process of “local purchases” from local chandlers and with Food Services
• Conduct regular physical cycle counts of all stores areas
• Have strong analytical and objective thinking skills, strong communication and planning leadership skills, and computer literacy
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• 1-3 years experience in warehouse management
• Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics
• Capable of performing daily activities including lifting up to 35 pounds (16kg) on your own
• Ability to work in a hot environment
• Familiar with use of a computer, spreadsheets, databases, and email
Full job description available upon request.