Volunteers from around the world providing free, safe surgical care, freeing people from conditions that have been burdening them for years, while training local professionals in our specialties.
These are our Operating Rooms.
Min. 2 Weeks
Please carefully read the role description and required certifications below to verify that you meet the requirements. The apply button can be found at the bottom of this page.
About this Role
Our pediatric surgical team is committed to bringing hope and healing through the removal of hernias and other corrective surgeries.
Our Pediatric Surgeons provide pediatric surgical intervention to treat congenital, developmental, or degenerative conditions as well as reconstruction of damage due to injury or infection.
You will also manage post-operative care of surgical complications and prioritize patient selection.
What You Will Contribute
• Assessment of potential surgical candidates
• Communicate planned procedures, expected outcomes and potential complications clearly with patients and caregivers, using diagrams & translators when necessary
• Preoperative assessment of surgical candidates
• Work with anesthetic providers and hospital physicians
• Operate on selected candidates as scheduled
• Ongoing consultation for surgical patients
• Potential to train and mentor other Surgeons
For This Role, You Will Need
• Active licensure/ registration within home nation
• Minimum 2 years’ surgical practice following completion of specialty training program
• Active in practice (within the previous six months preferred)
• Fluent in English
• Flexibility and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity
Full job description available upon request.