OR Nurse Reconstructive Plastic Team Leader
Volunteers from around the world providing free, safe surgical care, freeing people from conditions that have been burdening them for years, while training local professionals in our specialties.
These are our Operating Rooms.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Operating Room Nurse Reconstructive Plastic Team Leader is responsible for the daily function of the Reconstructive Plastic Operating Room.
You will lead the team briefings, assign tasks to and support the nursing staff, and assist the Anesthesia staff in the Reconstructive Plastic Operating Room.
You will work with the Reconstructive Plastic surgeons, the Operating Room Clinical Supervisor and Operating Room Manager to coordinate the weekly and daily Reconstructive Plastic surgery schedule.
What You Will Contribute
• Coordinate the daily functions of the Reconstructive Plastic program in the operating room, maintaining an efficient turnover
• Fulfill responsibilities of an Operating Room Nurse; assist with circulating and scrubbing duties as required
• Orientate new Operating Room Nurses to Reconstructive Plastic equipment and procedures
• Excellent organizational skills
• Affinity for the Reconstructive Plastic specialty and knowledge of Reconstructive Plastic surgeries and specialized equipment
• Ability to work and communicate professionally with surgeons
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Mercy Ships Alumni required; knowledge of Operating Room procedures, standards and equipment
• Current, active license as a Registered Nurse (or its International Equivalent) with the ability to both scrub and circulate is required.
• Minimum of five years of Operating Room Nurse experience
• Current Basic Life Support certification is required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support are optional
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• Preferable Reconstructive Plastic Surgical Team Leader experience
• Flexibility and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity
We are currently accepting applications for service in 2022.
Full job description available upon request.