Volunteers from around the world providing free, safe surgical care, freeing people from conditions that have been burdening them for years, while training local professionals in our specialties.
These are our Operating Rooms.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Operating Room Nurse Orthopedic Team Leader is responsible for the daily function in the Orthopedic Operating Room.
You will lead the team briefings, assigns tasks to and support the nursing staff, and assist the Anesthesia staff in the Orthopedic Operating Room.
You will work together with the Orthopedic surgeons, the Operating Room Clinical Supervisor and Operating Room Manager to coordinate the weekly and daily Orthopedic surgery schedule.
What You Will Contribute
• Coordinate the daily functions of the Orthopedic program in the Operating Room, maintaining an efficient turnover
• Fulfill responsibilities of an Operating Room Nurse; assist with circulating and scrubbing duties as required
• Knowledge of Orthopedic surgeries; knowledge and skills with orthopedic specialized equipment and implants
• Administrative and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work and communicate professionally with surgeons
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Mercy Ships Alumni required; knowledge of Operating Room procedures, standards and equipment
• Current, active license as a Registered Nurse (or it’s International Equivalent) with the ability to both scrub and circulate is required.
• Minimum of five years of Operating Room Nurse experience
• Current Basic Life Support certification is required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support are optional
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• Orthopedic Surgical Team Leader experience preferred
• Flexibility and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity
We are currently accepting applications for service in 2022.
Full job description available upon request.