Volunteers from around the world providing free, safe surgical care, freeing people from conditions that have been burdening them for years, while training local professionals in our specialties.
These are our Operating Rooms.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Operating Room Nurse General Team Leader is responsible for the daily function of the General Operating Room.
You will lead the team briefings, assign tasks to and support the nursing staff, and assist the Anesthesia staff in the General Operating Room.
You will work with the General surgeons, the Operating Room Clinical Supervisor and Operating Room Manager to coordinate the weekly and daily General surgery schedule.
What You Will Contribute
• Coordinate the daily functions of the General program in the operating room, maintaining an efficient turnover
• Fulfill responsibilities of an Operating Room Nurse; assist with circulating and scrubbing duties as required
• Orientate new Operating Room Nurses to the General operating room equipment and procedures
• Excellent organizational skills
• Affinity for the General specialty and knowledge of General surgeries and specialized equipment
• Ability to work and communicate professionally with surgeons
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Mercy Ships Alumni required; knowledge of Operating Room procedures, standards and equipment
• Current, active license as a Registered Nurse (or its International Equivalent) with the ability to both scrub and circulate is required.
• Minimum of five years of Operating Room Nurse experience
• Current Basic Life Support certification is required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support are optional
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• General Surgical Team Leader experience preferred
• Flexibility and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity
Full job description available upon request.