Volunteers from around the world providing free, safe surgical care, freeing people from conditions that have been burdening them for years, while training local professionals in our specialties.
These are our Operating Rooms.
Min. 2 Weeks
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
Our General surgical team is committed to bringing hope and healing through the removal of goiters, hernias, and other corrective surgeries.
Our General Surgeons provide general surgical intervention to treat congenital, developmental, or degenerative conditions as well as reconstruction of damage due to injury or infection. The general surgical procedures performed most frequently are inguinal herniorrhaphies for large hernias and thyroidectomies.
You will also manage post-operative care of surgical complications and prioritize patient selection.
What You Will Contribute
• Assessment of potential surgical candidates
• Communicate planned procedures, expected outcomes and potential complications clearly with patients and caregivers, using diagrams & translators when necessary
• Preoperative assessment of surgical candidates
• Work with anesthetic providers and hospital physicians
• Operate on selected candidates as scheduled
• Ongoing consultation for surgical patients
• Potential to train and mentor other Surgeons
For This Role, You Will Need
• Active licensure/ registration within home nation
• Minimum 2 years’ surgical practice following completion of specialty training program
• Active in practice (within the previous six months preferred)
• Fluent in English
• Flexibility and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity
Full job description available upon request.