Volunteers from around the world providing free, safe surgical care, freeing people from conditions that have been burdening them for years, while training local professionals in our specialties.
These are our Operating Rooms.
Min. 6 months
Please carefully read the role description and required certifications below to verify that you meet the requirements. The apply button can be found at the bottom of this page.
About this Role
The Biomedical Technician performs preventative maintenance of medical equipment and other scheduled services as directed by the Senior Biomedical Technician. The Biomedical Technician solves practical problems and deals with situations where only limited standardization exists.
What You Will Contribute
• Diagnostic repairs of equipment and systems
• Documentation of repair activities
• Communicate with hospital staff regarding equipment status and proper operation of equipment
• Excellent problem solving skills
For This Role, You Will Need
• Technical or academic training satisfactory for the position (Electronics, Biomedical, Clinical or Electronic Engineering)
• 2 years’ experience as a Biomedical Technician, preferably as a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• Flexibility and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity
Full job description available upon request.