As a member of Mercy Ships staff you may be entrusted with certain responsibilities and special privileges. During the normal execution of your job you may encounter or have access to sensitive or confidential information. Access, modification, destruction or disclosure of sensitive or confidential information may violate Mercy Ships policy or governing laws.
- For purposes of this Agreement, “confidential information” is defined as information that is (a) information disclosed to me or known by me as a consequence of my position in Mercy Ships, and not generally known outside Mercy Ships; or (b) protected by governing national and international laws.
- As a member of Mercy Ships staff and after termination, I will hold the confidential information of Mercy Ships in trust and confidence. I will take reasonable steps to safeguard confidential records, and will not use or disclose it or any embodiment thereof, directly or indirectly, except as may be necessary in the performance of my duties for Mercy Ships. I understand that any unauthorized disclosure could be damaging to Mercy Ships, its staff, donors, or others.
- I will not remove materials containing confidential information from any Mercy Ships location unless authorized to do so by my supervisor. Any and all such materials are the property of Mercy Ships. Upon termination of any assignment or as requested by my supervisor, I will return all such materials and copies thereof to Mercy Ships.
- I understand that I should contact my supervisor if I am asked to disclose confidential information or if I have questions relating to what constitutes a confidential record.
- No modification or waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the Vice President of Human Resources.
- I understand that during the course of my service with Mercy Ships, photos are taken for Crew and Patient stories and that if I do not wish to appear in any photos or published articles, it is my responsibility to avoid the camera and make it clear to the photographer or writer at the time. However, I understand that Mercy Ships cannot guarantee this, or be held responsible, due to photos being taken by crew with personal cameras, which are then posted on personal blogs and websites.
- I understand that if I violate this Agreement, I may be subject to disciplinary action, including termination or legal action, or both.
- I acknowledge that this form will be kept as a record of this agreement.