This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
You will also be training the trainers from partner agencies to develop their own training programs in the area of improved farming, agroecology, Micro-Agriculture, food transformation, agriculture entrepreneurship, and raising awareness of climate change.
What You Will Contribute
• Where appropriate, teach the use of appropriate technology for resource limited environments
• Assist leadership in the evaluation of program growth opportunities, including potential partnerships with other national and international organizations
• Work with partner agencies and trainees to help them establish their own sustainable training program
For This Role, You Will Need
• Formal training in agriculture preferred, with familiarity and qualifications in community development principles and sustainable agriculture practices
• Three years of African ministry experience in agriculture preferred, two years of cross-cultural, agriculture ministry experience will be considered
• Significant experience in leading projects in developing nations required
• Advanced training in sustainable agriculture, gardening, micro agriculture in developing nations
• Fluent in English and French
• Willingness to live ashore at the Agriculture site, potentially a fair distance from the ship
Full job description available upon request.