About this Role
You will also be training the trainers from partner agencies to develop their own training programs in the area of improved farming, agroecology, Micro-Agriculture, food transformation, agriculture entrepreneurship, and raising awareness of climate change.
What You Will Contribute
• Where appropriate, teach the use of appropriate technology for resource limited environments
• Assist leadership in the evaluation of program growth opportunities, including potential partnerships with other national and international organizations
• Work with partner agencies and trainees to help them establish their own sustainable training program
For This Role, You Will Need
• Formal training in agriculture preferred, with familiarity and qualifications in community development principles and sustainable agriculture practices
• Three years of African ministry experience in agriculture preferred, two years of cross-cultural, agriculture ministry experience will be considered
• Significant experience in leading projects in developing nations required
• Advanced training in sustainable agriculture, gardening, micro agriculture in developing nations
• Fluent in English and French
• Willingness to live ashore at the Agriculture site, potentially a fair distance from the ship
Full job description available upon request.