The Engine Room is the heart-beat of the ship and we know we won’t get far without our Engineering department who play a direct role in providing safe surgery onboard.
About this Role
The Third Engineer is responsible to act as Senior Watch keeping Officer or Duty Engineer as per schedule, as well as being involved in regular Engine Room maintenance.
What You Will Contribute
• Carry out all lawful orders given by Chief Engineer and Second Engineer
• Ensure the safe operation of all machinery
• Ensure the safe and efficient performance of all personnel assigned to his supervision
• Perform all duties and maintenance routines for auxiliary engines/diesel generators, pumps & related systems/equipment & auxiliary equipment
• Maintain relevant knowledge of ship’s emergency procedures, including specific knowledge of the working condition of fixed emergency response systems
• Understand the Company Safety Management System as it applies to the responsibilities of this position
For This Role, You Will Need
• Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW A-III/1
• Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1
• Minimum one year of sea-going service as an Engineering Watch Officer
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.