Keeping the lights on & keeping the ship ticking, we are very thankful for our Engineering department. Spare parts, tools and equipment: what’s not to like?!
Min. 12 Months
Min. 12 Months
About this Role
The Technical Stores Manager is responsible for ordering and stock control of spare parts and supplies. Also responsible for supervision of non-skilled workers and local Day Crew, the Technical Stores Manager plays a vital role in running the Engineering department.
What You Will Contribute
• Maintain the inventory of spare parts and consumables for the Technical departments, and re-order as necessary
• Receive spare parts and supplies onboard from suppliers and scheduled shipping containers into the inventory management system, and store in the correct locations
• Maintain the onboard labeling, bar-code system and associated equipment
• Scheduled inventory of spare parts of supplies
• Oversee the work of the Assistant Storemen and the local Day Crew
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Background in warehousing, inventory, and stock control preferred
• Competency with computer applications and aptitude for learning new applications is required
• Experience in computer software used for inventory and control preferred
• Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.