The Engine Room is the heart-beat of the ship and we know we won’t get far without our Engineering department who play a direct role in providing safe surgery onboard.
Please carefully read the role description and required certifications below to verify that you meet the requirements. The apply button can be found at the bottom of this page.
About this Role
The Second Engineer is in charge of Engineering Department and responsible to the Chief Engineer for the daily operation of the machinery spaces, and ensuring the Engineering Officers and Ratings are competent and fit for their daily assigned duties.
What You Will Contribute
• Carry out all lawful orders given by the Chief Engineer, including daily compliance of the Engineering Department with the Chief’s standing orders
• Distribute daily work assignments to the members of the Engineering Department
• Ensure the proper maintenance and safe operation of all machinery, including the main engines and propulsion system, and machinery for pollution prevention defined in the MARPOL convention
• Ensure the safety and cleanliness of machinery spaces
• Understand the Company Safety Management System and the ship’s Contingency Plan for emergency procedures
• As necessary, stand as Engineering Officer of the Watch, whether at sea or in port
For This Role, You Will Need
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW A-III/2 from a country holding bilateral agreements with our flag-state, Malta. A list of those countries can be found in the maritime section of our FAQs, to view those, Click Here.
• Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1
• Has successfully completed Crisis Management and Human Behavior Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-3
• Ability to speak and understand English effectively in both written and verbal forms
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.