Keeping the lights on & keeping the ship ticking, we are very thankful for our Engineering department. A chance to make a real difference while getting your hands dirty!
About this Role
The HVAC Technician assists in the maintenance of all refrigeration and air conditioning equipment onboard. Our on board refrigerated food stores need monitoring, and our air conditioning systems regular cleaning and maintenance, and troubleshooting when not working as they should.
What You Will Contribute
• Maintain ship’s main refrigeration plant and all other refrigeration machinery onboard (including condenser and strainer cleaning)
• Maintain main air conditioning chiller units and hospital air conditioning plant
• Ensure that the consumption of refrigerant gas, refrigerant lubricating oil, and spare parts onboard are inventoried
• Maintain air handlers, including the cleaning of air handlers filters in the vent stations
• Maintain chilled water, condenser circulation, and sea water air conditioning pumps
• Stand watch in the machinery spaces if required
For This Role, You Will Need
• Appropriate training and experience in refrigeration and air conditioning systems preferred
• Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW A-III/1 is preferred but not essential
• Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.