Keeping the lights on & keeping the ship ticking, we are very thankful for our Engineering department. A chance to make a real difference while getting your hands dirty!
About this Role
The Fourth Engineer is responsible to act as Senior Watch keeping Officer or Duty Engineer as per schedule, as well as being involved in regular Engine Room maintenance.
What You Will Contribute
• Carry out all lawful orders given by Chief Engineer and Second Engineer
• Ensure the safe operation of all machinery
• Ensure the safe and efficient performance of all personnel assigned to his supervision
• Assist in all operations involving fuel, lube oil, and bunkering
• Perform all duties and maintenance routines for lifeboat engines, boiler and engine cooling water systems, all purifiers, and air compressors
• Maintain relevant knowledge of ship’s emergency procedures, including specific knowledge of the working condition of fixed emergency response systems
• Understand the Company Safety Management System as it applies to the responsibilities of this position
For This Role, You Will Need
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW A-III/1 from a country holding bilateral agreements with our flag-state, Malta. A list of those countries can be found in the maritime section of our FAQs, to view those, Click Here.
• Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.