Keeping the lights on & keeping the ship ticking, we are very thankful for our Engineering department. A chance to make a real difference while getting your hands dirty!
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Engine Ratings are responsible to assist in routine watch keeping, maintenance, and cleaning in the Engine Room. You will work closely with the Engineer’s every day, and play a vital role in keeping everything running.
What You Will Contribute
• Complete tasks assigned by the Chief Engineer, Second Engineer, or person in charge of the watch
• Assist with watches and maintenance work
• Assist with routine checks and appropriate duties according to watch-keeping procedures
• Record appropriate readings during watch and inform the Duty Engineer of any concerns
• Assist in general maintenance and cleaning as required
For This Role, You Will Need
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW A-III/4 or A-III/5 from a country holding bilateral agreements with our flag-state, Malta. A list of those countries can be found in the maritime section of our FAQs, to view those, Click Here.
• Has successfully completed Security Awareness Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/6
• Applicant must also show at least 12 months of sea time on vessels powered by main propulsion machinery of 3,000 KW or more
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.