Keeping the lights on & keeping the ship ticking, we are very thankful for our Engineering department. A chance to make a real difference while getting your hands dirty!
Min. 3 Months
Min. 3 Months
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Engine Hands assist in routine watch keeping, maintenance, and cleaning in the Engine Room. You will work closely with the Engineers every day, and play a vital role in keeping everything running.
What You Will Contribute
• Complete tasks assigned by the Chief Engineer, Second Engineer, or person in charge of the watch
• Assist with watches and maintenance work
• Assist with routine checks and appropriate duties according to watch-keeping procedures
• Record appropriate readings during watch and inform the Duty Engineer of any concerns
• Assist in general maintenance and cleaning as required
For This Role, You Will Need
• Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Security Awareness Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/6 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.