Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
About this Role
The Third Officer assists the Chief Officer in the daily supervision of the Deck department, in accordance with the Master’s standing and special orders.
What You Will Contribute
• Supervise the maintenance of the ship’s safety equipment
• Assist the Chief Officer with material handling, supervision of Deck maintenance work, and other projects as required
• Assist with the training of ship’s personnel in seamanship, lifeboat, firefighting, and safety procedures
• Knowledge of the Company Safety Management System as it applies to responsibilities involved in this position
• Understand and follow all lawful standing, general, and night orders given by the Master, as well as all international regulations
• At Sea: As Bridge Watch Officer, manage the assigned Bridge watch team to safely and efficiently navigate the ship in the prevailing circumstances according to the voyage plan
• In Port: As Duty Deck Officer, represent the Master in all matters of ship’s business
For This Role, You Will Need
• Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability
• Ability to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
• Certificate of Competency according to STCW II/1 with no ARPA or ECDIS limitations
• Certificate of Competency according to STCW IV/2 – GMDSS Operator
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW V/2-1 Crowd Management
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness
• Competent in Windows, and general file/folder management tasks
• Ability to work with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.