Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
Min. 3 Months
Please carefully read the role description and required certifications below to verify that you meet the requirements. The apply button can be found at the bottom of this page.
About this Role
The Firefighter is responsible for leading a fire team training and the maintenance and inspection of all firefighting equipment onboard.
What You Will Contribute
• Maintain and inspect the ship’s firefighting equipment, or assigned portions thereof, record results, and report deficiencies in accordance with the company’s planned maintenance system and statutory requirements.Maintain safety and compliance documentation.
• As the fire team leader, rotate within fire teams to enhance team performance.
• If trained as an emergency medical technician (EMT), assist the Emergency Medical Team in medical emergencies onboard where this does not conflict with firefighting or damage control duties.
• Organizes and conducts fire and casualty drills, fire team training, and, if EMT trained, EMT training onboard.
• Prepare ship-specific fire attack plans.
• Prepare training materials and training schedules for emergency teams onboard.
• Orientate new emergency team members with their emergency duties as per the muster list.
• Orientate new technical crew members and emergency team members with the operation of all portable and fixed firefighting equipment onboard including watertight doors.
• Continuously assess and take measures to prevent potential fire hazards to improve standards of onboard fire prevention and control.
• Complete training and drill reports in the planned maintenance system.
• Assist with mooring operations and form part of a navigational watch.
For This Role, You Will Need
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/1 Basic Training (training may be provided).
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/4-1 Medical First Aid (training may be provided).
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/4-2 Medical Care (training may be provided).
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1 (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Crisis Management & Human Behavior Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-3 (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Advanced Fire Fighting Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/2-2 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English.
• Successful completion of EMT training preferred.
• Ability to provide leadership, training, and technical expertise.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a professional firefighter is required.
• Relevant national firefighting certificates are required.
• Damage control experience is preferred.
• Previous experience onboard passenger vessels is preferred.
Full job description available upon request.