Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
About this Role
The Deck Rating is responsible to the Bosun and Assistant Bosun for general duties, whilst also being responsible to the Officer of the Watch during periods on Bridge watches.
What You Will Contribute
• Cleaning and maintaining the hull and superstructure, including the hatches and holds
• Preparing steel and wood for protective coatings and applying these protective coatings
• Assisting in loading, stowage/securing, and unloading ship’s stores and supplies
• Assisting in mooring and unmooring the vessel, including anchoring
• Standing a navigational watch on the Bridge at sea or at anchor
• Performing fire and security rounds as assigned
For This Role, You Will Need
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW II/4 Deck Rating.
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/1 Basic Training
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.