Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Deck Hand is responsible to carry out daily maintenance and operational tasks related to the Deck department.
What You Will Contribute
• Maintain the structure of the ship by scaling and painting
• Assist in the mooring of the ship
• Operate Deck machinery including cranes
• Assist in loading and unloading ships’ stores and supplies
• Perform fire and security rounds as assigned
For This Role, You Will Need
• Aptitude for Technical skills
• Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Security Awareness Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/6 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.