Please do not apply for this role unless directed to by Human Resources
Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
About this Role
The Deck Cadet’s primary responsibility is to work toward the accomplishment of maritime school training requirements while serving on board, under the supervision of the Chief Officer.
What You Will Contribute
• Complete training assignments required by maritime school
• Stand watch under the supervision of the Navigation Officer of the Watch
For This Role, You Will Need
• Aptitude for Technical skills
• Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
• Has successfully completed Security Awareness Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/6 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.