Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
About this Role
The Bosun assists the Chief Officer in the day-to-day management of the Deck Crew and for the maintenance of the Deck tools and supplies.
What You Will Contribute
• Schedule work assignments in cooperation with the Chief Officer
• Assign Deck Crew and local Day Crew to specific tasks, working with them as necessary
• Oversee and instruct work in progress with an eye towards efficiency, cooperation, and safety
• Implement daily plans, schedules, and instructions given by the Chief Officer
• Assist with the on-the-job training of the Deck Crew
• Supervise storage in Bosun’s locker, paint locker, store rooms, and workshops
For This Role, You Will Need
• Has served as an Able Seaman/Seafarer (II/4 or II/5) for at least 2 years
• Certificate of Proficiency for Able Seafarer Deck in accordance with STCW II/5
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/1 Basic Training
• Certificate of Proficiency in in accordance with STCW VI/2 Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.