Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
About this Role
The Assistant Bosun assists the Bosun and Chief Officer in the day-to-day management of the Deck Crew and in the maintenance of the Deck tools and supplies.
What You Will Contribute
• Undertake tasks and work alongside the other Deck Crew
• Take special interest, on behalf of the Bosun, in the proper use and care of Deck equipment, supplies, and material
• Maintain equipment and instruct other Deck Crew in the use of the equipment/material as necessary
• Assist the Deck Officers and Bosun with on-the-job training
• Assist with the supervision of storage in the Bosun’s locker, paint locker, storerooms, and workshops
For This Role, You Will Need
• Has served as an Able Seaman/Seafarer (II/4 or II/5) for at least 2 years
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW II/4 Deck Rating or II/5 Able Seafarer Deck.
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/1 Basic Training.
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/2 Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please get in touch with a Recruiter by filling out the form below.