This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Assistant Bosun assists the Bosun and Chief Officer in the day-to-day management of the Deck Crew and in the maintenance of the Deck tools and supplies.
What You Will Contribute
• Undertake tasks and work alongside the other Deck Crew
• Take special interest, on behalf of the Bosun, in the proper use and care of Deck equipment, supplies, and material
• Maintain equipment and instruct other Deck Crew in the use of the equipment/material as necessary
• Assist the Deck Officers and Bosun with on-the-job training
• Assist with the supervision of storage in the Bosun’s locker, paint locker, storerooms, and workshops
For This Role, You Will Need
• Has served as an Able Seaman/Seafarer (II/4 or II/5) for at least 2 years
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW II/4 Deck Rating or II/5 Able Seafarer Deck.
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/1 Basic Training.
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/2 Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.