Able Seafarer Deck
Though our ships may stay in port for months, they need looking after. The Deck team maintains a healthy ship to enable our our crew to bring hope and healing!
About this Role
The Able Seafarer Deck is responsible to the Bosun and Assistant Bosun for general duties, whilst also being responsible to the Officer of the Watch during periods on Bridge watches.
What You Will Contribute
• Cleaning and maintaining the hull and superstructure, including the hatches and holds
• Preparing steel and wood for protective coatings and applying these protective coatings
• Assisting in loading, stowage/securing, and unloading ship’s stores and supplies
• Assisting in loading, securing, and unloading ship’s vehicles
• Assisting in mooring and unmooring the vessel, including anchoring
• Standing a navigational watch on the Bridge at sea or at anchor
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW II/5 Able Seafarer Deck from a country holding bilateral agreements with our flag-state, Malta. A list of those countries can be found in the maritime section of our FAQs, to view those, Click Here.
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/1 Basic Training
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/2-1 Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
• Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/6-1 Security Awareness
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.