Our Information Technology systems are vital to running a smooth operation. Our Information Services department help us communicate, and enable us to run a more efficient, advanced service to our patients.
Min. 12 Months
Min. 12 Months
About this Role
The Senior IS Support Specialists will use their strong customer service skills, providing first and second line service desk support to Mercy Ships staff, will oversee the daily operations of the service desk, and will mentor other IS Support Specialists in developing key support competencies.
What You Will Contribute
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and follow service management principles and procedures
• Take ownership of customer problems and be professional, proactive and timely when dealing with their issues
• Troubleshoot hardware and software incidents and problems via phone, email, or tickets
• Lead operation of service desk including prioritization, assignment, escalation and communication of issues
• Mentor IS Support Specialists in developing key service desk support competencies
• Assist with the installation, maintenance and support of IT and telecommunications equipment
• Tracking of workstation assets, peripherals, configurations and performance, and recommend changes as necessary
• Tracking of workstation software licensing and compliance
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• MCP, CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ certification, or equivalent preferred
• Helpdesk and issue tracking software experience preferred
• At least 2 years relevant work experience is required, preferably in enterprise IT environment
• ITIL Certification completed in the first year of employment
Full job description available upon request.
To inquire about financial assistance for this role, please click here, to get in touch with a Recruiter.