The Wards are where hope and healing meet, where our patients and caregivers are looked after and loved.
A hospital like no other.
Min. 8 Weeks
Min. 8 Weeks
About this Role
Working hands-on to provide routine dressing changes to patients who have received reconstructive plastic surgery, the Wound Care Team Nurses work to see that each and every patient receives the care and attention they deserve.
What You Will Contribute
• Facilitate the delivery of wound care for the benefit of the patient by providing approved clinical services, including dressing changes, suture removal, k-wire removal and complex wound care
• Partner with local Day Crew translators to provide culturally sensitive and compassionate care to patients
• Coordinate wound care with the specialty Team Leaders, Charge Nurses, Hospitalist Physicians and Surgeons
• When reconstructive plastic surgery is not running, work as a Nurse in the area agreed upon (usually Ward/Outpatients)
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Registered Nurse with active license in home country; a minimum two years’ experience needed after licensure
• Complex wound care experience and care of fresh post-op skin graft/flaps preferred
• Recent acute surgical/medical/emergency room/wound care unit/outpatient department experience of at least two years full-time or three years part-time in the past 5 years AND at the point of application can show working 30 hours or more per week in any of these clinical areas within the past 12 months
• Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) optional
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
• An ability to effectively work with others in a cross-cultural environment
Full job description available upon request.