The Wards are where hope and healing meet, where our patients and caregivers are looked after and loved.
A hospital like no other.
Min. 8 Weeks
Min. 8 Weeks
About this Role
Working hands-on to deliver inpatient surgical care to our patients, the Ward Nurses work around the clock to see that each and every patient receives the care and attention they deserve.
What You Will Contribute
• Administer holistic patient care to assigned patients and expect to care for both adults and children on a 20 bed open ward
• Employ recent surgical experience in providing pre- and post-operative care to patients receiving maxillofacial, reconstructive plastic, general, obstetric fistula repair, gynecological or orthopedic surgery. Experience in one of these surgical specialties preferred
• Partner with local Day Crew translators to provide culturally sensitive and compassionate care to patients
• Coordinate patient care with the specialty Team Leaders, Charge Nurses, Hospitalist Physicians and Surgeons
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program will be required for commitments of 12 months or more
• Registered Nurse with active license in home country; a minimum two years’ experience needed after licensure
• Recent acute inpatient surgical/medical/Emergency Room experience of at least two years full-time or three years part-time in the past 5 years AND at the point of application can show working 30 hours or more per week in any of these clinical areas within the past 12 months
• Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) optional
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
• An ability to effectively work with others in a cross-cultural environment
We are currently accepting applications for service in 2022.
Full job description available upon request.