The Wards are where hope and healing meet, where our patients and caregivers are looked after and loved.
A hospital like no other.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Ward Clinical Supervisor provides clinical, administrative and supervisory support to Ward staff and ensures high quality patient care is provided for surgical patients from admission through discharge. The Clinical Supervisor oversees all the daily operations in the Wards and dockside teams, serving alongside professionals from all over the world, utilizing dynamic leadership skills to develop unity and excellence in the ward and dockside teams.
What You Will Contribute
• Assist the Ward Manager to maintain smooth running of Ward and dockside teams by providing professional support and spiritual leadership to the teams
• Come alongside ward and dockside team leaders to help develop goals for their areas and provide support and effective feedback to encourage growth in those teams
• Work clinically as a Nurse on the wards 3-4 shifts per schedule as job responsibility allows
• Collaborate with other departments to maintain alignment of patient flow throughout the Ward areas
• Utilize a focus on quality improvement to ensure safe and excellent patient care throughout the Ward and dockside areas
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Mercy Ships Alumni required
• Registered Nurse with active license in home country; a minimum five years’ experience needed after licensure
• Recent inpatient surgical/medical/Emergency Room experience of at least two years full-time or three years part-time in the past 5 years AND at the point of application can show working 30 hours or more per week in an acute inpatient surgical/medical/Emergency Room setting within the past 12 months
• Current Basic Life Support certification is required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) optional
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• French language skills – International B1 Level (or equivalent) preferable
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
• Leadership or management experience preferred
Full job description available upon request.