Finding patients for Mercy Ships surgical programs will be the most rewarding search in which you have ever participated. Bringing hope and healing happens in many different ways. Join our Screening Team, and experience first-hand how special it is to give hope to people who thought surgery was not accessible for them.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Screening Clinical Supervisor coordinates all the patient selection activities for the patients that have been selected in the field. This role oversees the team of Screening Nurses involved in secondary patient selection, working at the ship’s location, and develops follow-up plans for patients that are not ready for surgery, together with surgeons and physicians.
The Screening Clinical Supervisor supports the Screening Team Manager in inspiring the team, aiming for the best patient experience. This includes having the most accurate and up-to-date medical knowledge available, having good logistics in place and safe and culturally appropriate working practices.
What You Will Contribute
• Oversee the daily activities of secondary patient selection at the ship’s location and the daily duties of the Screening Nurses
• Work closely with Surgeons, Anesthesia Supervisor and Physicians concerning patient care
• Work with the Operating Room Clinical Supervisor and the Ward Clinical Supervisor on scheduling patients for surgery and follow-up, balancing the different patient acuities
• Be the clinical expert, and train new Screening Team Nurses
• Assist in updating policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions related to patient selection
• Participate in the Patient Review Board meetings and Hospital Review Board meetings
• Provide remote nursing support for pre-operative patients in the HOPE Center ashore
• Interact and build relationships with other departments inside the hospital
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Registered Nurse with active license in home country
• Strong clinical experience, for example in ICU/NICU/MC/ED
• Clinical assessment skills required
• Mercy Ships patient selection experience required
• Strong knowledge of Mercy Ships Surgical Scope of Practice
• Leadership/management experience preferred
Full job description available upon request.