Finding patients for Mercy Ships surgical programs will be the most rewarding search in which you have ever participated. Bringing hope and healing happens in many different ways. Join our Screening Team, and experience first-hand how special it is to give hope to people who thought surgery was not accessible for them.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Screening Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Screening Team and oversees the patient assembly point, where patients gather for appointments on the ship, often located close to the ship.
The Screening Administrative Assistant interacts with many different people inside and outside the hospital department to support the administrative and logistical needs of the patient selection team, aiming for the best patient experience. This includes having good logistics in place and safe and culturally appropriate working practices.
What You Will Contribute
• Administrative and logistical support for the Patient Selection team
• Overseeing the patient assembly point and local Day Crew
• Answering phone calls, emails and letters
• Organizing patient phone calls to remind them about appointment dates and follow-up test results and paperwork
• Willingness to be trained on the basics of the Patient Transportation Coordinator role
• On call for the Patient Transportation Coordinator, when needed
• Data collection and management skills
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• High school diploma/general education degree (GED)/two-years (hospital)administrative experience
• Familiarity with medical terminology is beneficial
Full job description available upon request.