Preoperative Logistics Coordinator
Join the Preoperative team as a very important part of non-clinical patient care. Support the Preoperative Administrative Assistant by coordinating all logistics for patient care, both pre- and post-op. Guide patients as they find hope and healing with Mercy Ships.
Min. 1 Year
Min. 1 Year
About this Role
The Preoperative Logistics Coordinator Reports to the Preoperative Manager and is responsible for coordinating all logistics related to non-clinical patient care, pre- and post-operative. Coordinate patient transportation and admissions to the HOPE Center or Low Care Unit as appropriate. Support the Preoperative Administrative Assistant with administrative tasks.
What You Will Contribute
• Implement and manage patient transportation project.
• Maintain relationships with local transport authorities and government contacts.
• Collaborate with transportation partner to ensure all Mercy Ships transportation guidelines are implemented.
• Ensure selected patients arrive to HOPE Center/Low Care Unit.
• Accompany patients to local healthcare facilities for preoperative tests.
• As requested by the Preoperative Clinical Supervisor or Ward Manager, follow up on logistics related to patient transfer into the local healthcare system.
• Will be cross-trained with the Preoperative Administrative Assistant.
• Due to the ever-changing staffing levels and field service rotations, all staff may be re-assigned to temporarily fill roles in other departments in a time of need.
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program.
• Previous management/leadership experience preferred.
• Experience working with local partners on the African continent preferable.
• Previous logistics experience preferred.
• Supportive of Mercy Ships mission and vision, and committed to its core values.
• Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability.
• Able to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills.
• Strong administrative and organization skills.
• Team-player with good inter-personal skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership.
• Must be flexible and skilled in managing change and uncertainty.
• Able to prioritize clearly and oversee multiple tasks; able to take the initiative in project decisions.
• Requires adaptability and sensitivity to language and cultural diversity.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Fluent in English and French (Conversational at minimum in French).
• International Driver’s Permit required (purchase prior to travel if necessary). Will be expected to drive as part of departmental responsibilities.
• Mercy Ships Alumni preferred.
Full job description available upon request.