We deeply care for our patients, and always strive to deliver excellent and compassionate patient care. In Outpatients, you have the chance to do exactly that.
Min. 8 Weeks
Min. 8 Weeks
About this Role
The nurses of Mercy Ships are the embodiment of hope and healing. Working hands-on to deliver outpatient post-operative care to our patients, the Outpatient Nurses work to see that each and every patient receives the care and attention they deserve.
What You Will Contribute
• Provide wound care, venipuncture/blood draws, education, counseling, and explain medications, nutrition and test results to patients who have been discharged from the surgical wards
• Coordinate appropriate consults from surgeons or hospital physicians for treatment of medical issues that arise, including routine post-operative checkups
• Document all care and instructions accurately and thoroughly
• Partner with local Day Crew translators to provide culturally sensitive and compassionate care to patients
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program will be required for commitments 12 months or more
• Registered Nurse with active license in home country; a minimum two years’ experience needed after licensure
• Relevant (>6 months) wound care experience required (post-surgical incisions/wounds, complex dressing changes)
• Recent acute surgical/medical/emergency room/wound care unit/outpatient department experience of at least two years full-time or three years part-time in the past 5 years, and at the point of application can show working 30 hours or more per week in any of these clinical areas within the past 12 months
• Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) optional
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
• An ability to effectively work with others in a cross-cultural environment
We are currently accepting applications for service in 2022.
Full job description available upon request.