We deeply care for our patients, and always strive to deliver excellent and compassionate patient care. In Outpatients, you have the chance to do exactly that.
Min. 8 Weeks
Please carefully read the role description and required certifications below to verify that you meet the requirements. The apply button can be found at the bottom of this page.
About this Role
The nurses of Mercy Ships are the embodiment of hope and healing. Working hands-on to deliver outpatient post-operative care to our patients, the Outpatient Nurses work to see that each and every patient receives the care and attention they deserve.
What You Will Contribute
• Provide wound care, venipuncture/blood draws, education, counseling, and explain medications, nutrition and test results to patients who have been discharged from the surgical wards
• Coordinate appropriate consults from surgeons or hospital physicians for treatment of medical issues that arise, including routine post-operative checkups
• Document all care and instructions accurately and thoroughly
• Partner with local Day Crew translators to provide culturally sensitive and compassionate care to patients
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program will be required for commitments 12 months or more
• Registered Nurse with active license in home country; a minimum two years’ experience needed after licensure
• Relevant (>6 months) wound care experience required (post-surgical incisions/wounds, complex dressing changes)
• Recent acute surgical/medical/emergency room/wound care unit/outpatient department experience of at least two years full-time or three years part-time in the past 5 years, and at the point of application can show working 30 hours or more per week in any of these clinical areas within the past 12 months
• Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) optional
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
• An ability to effectively work with others in a cross-cultural environment
Full job description available upon request.