The Low Care Unit onboard provides our patients a safe, comfortable place to stay between medical appointments, helping them to heal physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Low Care Unit Manager provides leadership and administrative and supervisory support to the Low Care Unit, facilitating high quality non-medical care for patients and their caregivers. You will oversee the daily activities of the Low Care Unit and the staff to promote the physical and spiritual health of the patients and caregivers.
What You Will Contribute
• Provide professional support as well as team and spiritual leadership to Low care Unit staff, encouraging healthy team dynamics, morale, and relationships
• Collaborate with Hospital leadership to maintain alignment of patient flow throughout the Low Care Unit and Hospital, ensuring safety and health of Crew and patients
• Develop and oversee startup of the Low Care Unit at the beginning of each field service and repacking at the end of the field service
• Ensure the maintenance of the facilities and that the equipment is in good and safe working order, arranging for servicing as needed
• Data collection and analysis of the Low Care Unit for improved patient management
• Coordinate regular ordering of supplies
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program will be required
• High School Diploma or College degree preferred
• Some experience equivalent to project management
• Experience in a developing nation environment preferred
Full job description available upon request.