Our very own Radiology department on the ship, enabling us to perform Radiology examinations on site. An amazing resource for a hospital ship, liaising with specialists all over the world!
Hospital Support Services
Min. 2 Years
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
The Radiology Technologist works with the Senior Radiology Technologist to provide a 24/7 Radiology service for all patients and Crew on board on a routine and emergency basis, including performing and adapting Radiology examinations, completing associated administrative workload and ensuring radiation protection at all times.
What You Will Contribute
• Provide Radiology services to patients and Crew
• Provide 24/7 on-call service for emergency imaging, shared with a second Technologist
• Experience in image interpretation and recognition of normal and abnormal appearances
• Provide clinical and technical Radiology expertise to other clinicians without onboard Radiologist support
• Ability to modify Radiographic technique where appropriate
• Adaptive and critical approach to imaging a broad range of pathology in both CT and General X-ray
• Adhere to Radiation Protection policies and the ALARA principle
• Independently problem solve in a challenging environment
• Compassion and sensitivity to patients with severe deformities
For This Role, You Will Need
• Registered Radiology Technologist in home country with current registration
• Minimum of two years post graduate Radiology clinical experience
• Experience using a C-arm in the OR
• Minimum of two years post graduate experience in CT including contrast administration
• Experience with IV insertion is beneficial but not essential
• Current BLS or ILS certification
• Experience working with Digital Radiography (DR)
• Experience working with PACS administration
• Experience working with Pediatrics is beneficial but not essential
• Experience with Ultrasound is beneficial but not essential
Full job description available upon request.