Our very own Pharmacy on the ship, enables us to prepare and dispense over-the-counter and prescription medications directly to our patients and Crew.
Hospital Support Services
Min. 8 Weeks
About this Role
The Pharmacy Technician works under the direction of the Senior Pharmacist to provide pharmacy services, ensuring safe, effective, and cost-effective use of drugs. Additionally you will help manage stock and distribution to individuals and work areas. This position may also be filled by a pharmacist.
What You Will Contribute
• Assist in daily functions of the pharmacy
• Prepare and aid in dispensing over-the-counter and prescription medications
• Resupply work areas on a regular basis and assist in maintaining accurate/current inventory and usage figures for each of the work areas.
• Alert Senior Pharmacist of any noticeable change in usage patterns that threaten sufficient stock levels
• Attend and participate in all Hospital receptions, devotions and meetings as needed
• Support other departmental filling roles in ever-changing staffing levels and field service rotations, in a time of need.
For This Role, You Will Need
• To be supportive of Mercy Ships mission and vision, and committed to its core values
• Experience as pharmacy technician in home country (certification preferred but not required)
• Computer skills essential to perform this role, including proficiency in Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of Omnicell or SeaCare softwares are beneficial
• The ability to move heavy boxes of medications and irrigation/IV fluids from off-site storage or shipments into the Pharmacy
• A self-starter, servant leadership mentality, detail-oriented and accurate, able to work collaboratively with integrity and accountability and respond to requests and obtain information in a timely manner.
• To live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills, flexible and sensitive to language & cultural diversity
• Fluency in verbal and written English.
Full job description available upon request.