Our very own Pharmacy on the ship, enabling us to prepare and dispense over-the-counter and prescription medications directly to our patients and Crew.
Hospital Support Services
Min. 3 Months
About this Role
Filling this critical role for our patients and medical staff is critical for hope and healing onboard. Your attention to detail, cost-effective use of pharmaceuticals, and managing the distribution and procurement, will be essential.
What You Will Contribute
• Support for Mercy Ships patients, Crew, and the Senior Pharmacist in operating our on board Pharmacy, including: preparing over-the-counter and prescription medications, and providing patient counseling when dispensing
• Provide the important service of helping to maintain our Pharmacy inventory by using Omnicell reports and dispensing cabinets
• Work as a consult for healthcare providers in the Hospital, including the mobile field teams. Your guidance may be needed off-hours for prescriptions and pharmaceutical advice.
• Carry the on-call pager 24/7 on a three-week rotating schedule to fill prescriptions and provide pharmaceutical advice during evenings and weekends.
• Provide consulting services for healthcare providers in the Ward, Operating Rooms, post-op units, mobile field teams, and Crew Clinic including participation in Ward clinical rounds and regular chart reviews.
For This Role, You Will Need
• To be licensed as a Registered Pharmacist by the regulatory agency in your home nation
• To have two years of full-time experience as a registered Pharmacist in a hospital Pharmacy and/or community Pharmacy, and evidenced by degree (i.e. Pharm D).
• Fluency in verbal and written English.
• Computer skills essential to perform this role, including proficiency in Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of PDX, Omnicell, or Sea Care software are beneficial
Full job description available upon request.