Education, Training, and Advocacy activities are a key component to helping each of our host nations build their capacity to provide healthcare to their own people.
Education, Training, and Advocacy
Min. 1 week
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
Supports the Education, Training, and Advocacy Director in the implementation of Education, Training, and Advocacy initiatives in specific areas of expertise. This hands-on leadership role gives daily operational direction for our competent ship Education, Training, and Advocacy teams.
What You Will Contribute
• Collaborate with the Education, Training, and Advocacy Projects Director and International Programs to develop and deploy ship-based Education, Training, and Advocacy projects in your specific area of expertise
• This may involve both the delivery of a set course or to provide mentoring to an individual or individuals
• Assist with the facilitation of teaching of local healthcare professionals within the host nation
• Ensuring translation of teaching and training materials required
• Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Education, Training, and Advocacy Projects Director
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability
• Able to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
• Must be fluent in English
• French language level requirement dependent on project – International B1 level (or equivalent), B2 level preferred when serving in Francophone countries
• Requires flexibility and sensitivity to language & cultural diversity
Full job description available upon request.