A Dentist’s chair is a seat so many of us take for granted, but a visit to our Mercy Ships Dental Team can make a world of difference for the health of our patients. This team cares for thousands of patients each field service through clinical care and education.
Min. 2 Weeks
Min. 2 Weeks
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
Our Dental Assistants works chair-side with the Dentists to provide dental care either at the land-based Dental Clinic, or on the ship, depending on the vessel.
What You Will Contribute
• Prepare dental materials for procedures
• Take radiographs of patients as needed
• Assist with instrument decontamination and sterilization
• Use your logistical expertise tracking dental instruments, supplies, equipment, and charts
• Be point of contact in orientating new assistants to the clinics
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program will be required for commitments longer than 12 months
• Current and active experience for at least 1 year as a Dental Assistant
• Thorough knowledge of dental instruments and dental procedures
• Have relevant healthcare experience and knowledge
• English fluency and cultural awareness
Full job description available upon request.