We deeply care about our Crew and their spiritual and emotional well-being. We are so grateful for this team of Chaplains, who support Crew in the best and most difficult times, while reminding us of the life we have in Jesus.
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
This role is currently closed to applicants, but we’d love to help you find your place on board. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to receive updates when opportunities like this become available.
About this Role
As a Chaplain, your primary focus will be to lead, teach, and counsel Crew while providing spiritual and moral guidance to all Crew members. You will creatively minister in multi-cultural, multi-denominational settings while also providing a safe, and confidential harbor for the Crew to share their burdens.
What You Will Contribute
• Encourage and lead in prayer, intercessions, and discipleship
• Lead, host, and/or facilitate small groups
• Identify, train, and release spiritual gifting’s in Crew members to increase ministry within the community onboard
• Teach in Community Gatherings and Sunday night services as scheduled
• Serve as a listener and encourager to the Crew onboard. You will also be available to Crew for coaching or relational counseling
• A sensitivity to people, ability to listen and encourage. Should be one who is known and trusted by others
• Provide counsel/mentorship for those in spiritual need and comfort the bereaved
• Provide critical incident stress debriefing for individuals and teams
• Connect with, visit, and keep up with any Crew who are seriously ill
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• To be a mature individual who has recognized pastoral gifting
• Two or more years of professional ministry experience preferred
• Some theological education and pastoral training preferred
• Must have traveled internationally for at least two years and/or have extensive experience living in a multicultural Christian community
• Ability and comfortable to minister effectively in a multi-denominational setting
• Flexibility and creativity in methods of ministering to the multi-national, multi-cultural Crew
Full job description available upon request.