COVID-19 Acknowledgment for Come On Board Event Crew
Acknowledgment on the Rotterdam Event Volunteer Application indicates you understand and agree to the following:
The novel coronavirus, first detected in late 2019, causes an infectious disease, COVID-19, which presents a variety of symptoms. COVID-19 is transmitted primarily through airborne droplets created by ordinary breathing and speaking. Persons infected with COVID-19 may transmit the disease to others before they develop any symptoms. The effects of the disease range from mild discomfort and fatigue, to serious respiratory distress, to death. In March 2020, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic.
Mercy Ships is dedicated to the health and safety of its personnel. Given the unique health circumstances facing the world at this time, Mercy Ships feels it is important for all traveling crew, staff and visitors to be well informed of relevant COVID-19 risks. As such, we ask you to review the points below and acknowledge your understanding, acceptance, and consent of them by signing the document.
- I understand that Mercy Ships makes every reasonable effort to maintain the health and safety of all personnel under its management but cannot guarantee that I will not become exposed to infected with COVID-19.
- I acknowledge that some locations may require quarantine before departure, upon arrival, after an exposure to COVID-19, or upon my return home based on the requirements of the country and safety regulations. I acknowledge it is my responsibility to stay informed by reading the Public Health Measures Policy and to determine my suitability to meet these requirements.
- I understand and consent to any COVID-19 testing, health monitoring, and contact tracing that Mercy Ships requires as part of maintaining the safety of its personnel. I understand that Mercy Ships will take all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality of health information but reserves the right to communicate this information to those parties with a legitimate need to know in the interests of public health
- I acknowledge the Vaccine and Immunization Policy of Mercy Ships and understand that joining as a volunteer requires crew to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Choosing not to receive the vaccination may prohibit joining.
- I acknowledge that the hospital facilities on board Mercy Ships’ vessels are not designed to treat COVID-19 and that Mercy Ships may need to transport me to the nearest medical center available for treatment. I understand that the availability and quality of professional healthcare services, including hospital care, at any given location varies greatly due to several factors outside of the control of Mercy Ships.
- I acknowledge that, while the insurance policy that is provided by Mercy Ships to crew through Talent Trust covers evacuation and repatriation expenses from COVID-19, should I contract COVID-19 and qualify for evacuation, the service may not be possible due to travel restrictions imposed by evacuation service providers and/or international governances.
- I acknowledge that given the highly contagious properties of COVID-19, it is not practicable to list all the risks. I understand that it is possible I will encounter risks as a result of the actions, omissions or negligence of others, including but not limited to other Mercy Ships personnel, contractors, guests, and patients.
- By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the risk that I may be exposed to or become infected with COVID-19 during my service with Mercy Ships and during my travel to and/or from the location(s) of that service. I acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to ask for and receive any information I need to make an informed decision about the risks involved with serving with Mercy Ships at this time.
- I accept the risks posed by COVID-19, and knowing the risks, consent to join Mercy Ships in the field or on board a vessel as my role specifies.