Our Academy exists to educate and support the children of our long-term volunteers. Come help ensure our students are getting the best and most unique education available!
Min. 2 Years
Min. 2 Years
About this Role
The Preschool Teacher develops and maintains an age-appropriate environment and instructs children age three and four in activities designed to promote spiritual, emotional, social, physical, and intellectual growth and provides proper communication with parents.
What You Will Contribute
• Provide instruction for the Preschool Class in consultation with the Principal and maintain a classroom atmosphere suitable for educational progress and spiritual development
• Be responsible for organizing, maintaining and cleaning own classroom area
• Maintain a record of each student’s progress through regular formative and summative assessments
• Participate in systematic review of the Preschool curriculum, in collaboration with Assistant Director
• Participate in regular Professional Development training sessions
For This Role, You Will Need
• Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education from an accredited college or university is required
• Two years classroom teaching experience is preferred
• Current teaching certificate / license required
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program will be required
Full job description available upon request.
Mercy Ships Academy
Want to learn more about the Academy and life onboard? Visit the Academy website!